For the People for a Change: A Ballot Box Revolution
"From the nature of things, every society must at all times possess within itself the sovereign powers of legislation." — Thomas Jefferson, 1774
Why am I running?
For too long we have been represented by politicians who are seeking higher office, and in the process make financial deals to advance their goals. The last 30 years have been no exception, and in fact have accelerated the process to astronomical proportions. We no longer have a government that is of the people, for the people, and by the people of the United States of America but instead we have a government that is controlled by entities that have no loyalty except to those who will increase their bottom lines. We no longer have a Democracy, but have a corporatacracy in its place. Before, we had politicians bought off by campaign donations and special treatment, but in the last decade we have allotted them a seat at the legislative table. Who writes our energy policies, the oil companies? Who writes our Health Care policies, pharmaceutical and insurance companies? Authors of our Environmental policies are industrial polluters of the air, water, and soil. Transnational corporations and their CEOs shape our Trade and Tax policies, which allow our jobs to move out of the country while providing the executives with multimillion dollar bonuses. This has to stop, and only people who are not in the pockets of these corrupters of democracy can do it. I’m someone who will serve the people, not the corporate interests. Our democracy is in the jaws of death, and we need to snatch it out before it is too late.
We can do this by promoting and supporting the following:
- Public Financing of campaigns, progressive campaign spending caps, and instant runoff voting
- A restructure of our tax policies on the top earning 0.5%
- Reinstatement of selective import tariffs to protect and support good paying jobs in America
- Breaking up companies that are “too big to fail” by enforcing Sherman Anti Trust laws
- Development of strong local economies and governmental agencies
- Small business protection (small businesses create 60% of American jobs)
- Infrastructure and development of Green technology to be at the forefront of the new industrial revolution
- Solvency of Medicare and Social Security
- Access and affordability of Health Insurance and Health Care
- A United States that spreads peace around the globe instead of a Military Industrial Complex
- Balancing budgets by reducing the size of the federal government and its spending
- Reduction of national debt
- A long-term sustainable economy that does not depend on foreign resources to function
The United States of America is at another crossroads, and it will take patriots to rise to the occasion once again to put their country before their ideology and political party. Join me by sending a message to Washington D.C. and to the two major parties by electing a third-party candidate who will speak for the people’s interests, not those of the corporations and ruling elite.
Thank you for your support. I look forward to representing you in the 112th Congress.